How do I become a Referee
Training for Referees is done by USSF (US Soccer Federation). Referees must be 13 years of age to be certified. Register on learning.ussoccer.com and complete a “First Time Grassroots referee course” online. After completing the course, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org so we can add you to our scheduling system. For more details, visit jkysc.com/referee
When does the Spring 2021 season start?
April 17 through May 22
Which age groups are eligible to participate in the Spring 2021 season?
Kids born in 2016 (turning 4 by end of 2020) to 2006 (Middle School League).
When does Spring registration end?
- Rec registration runs through March 13th
- Competitive/Travel registration runs through March 17th
Who needs to Register?
All Players and Coaches will need to register for Spring RECREATIONAL soccer (even if you played in the Fall)
How do I register?
- Go to the JKYSC league home page (www.jkysc.com/registration)
- Click on the large green REGISTER NOW button
- Use existing account credentials (RETURNING PLAYER) or create an account (NEW PLAYER) if you have not been with us before.
- On the left, select 2021 Spring Recreational
- Check box for player registration or Coach
- Choose 2021 Spring Recreational
- Choose player registration
- Select REC in house level
When are practices and games?
- Practice schedule depends on your team coach’s availability as they set the schedule. Most teams will practice once or twice a week on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursday’s. Practices start the week of March 29th.
- Games are on Saturdays with a few weekday games starting April 17 through May 22.
What type of equipment will I need to purchase for my child?
- Uniforms will be provided by the league (jersey, shorts & socks)
- You will need to purchase soccer cleats, shin guards and a soccer ball
- Soccer ball sizes
- Size 5 (Adult/Professional): U15
- Size 4 (Youth): U10 and U12
- Size 3 (Junior): U6 and U8
- Soccer ball sizes