JKYSC Recreational coaches are largely parents or other volunteers. We are always in need of coaches who have experience with the game, and optionally some experience coaching.
A large percentage of our recreational coaches are simply parents like you who volunteer. We are attempting to work on better training and onboarding for new coaches, but please don’t hesitate to ask questions on Facebook or at email@example.com
Getting Started with Recreational Coaching
Here are the steps to register for coaching in the soccer league.
The League will Pay for the background check, please wait to get a code to complete your Background Check
1. Complete Adult Registration in Affinity: Required if you are a coach, team manager, trainer or any other individual who will be rostered to a team with a member pass.
2. Once you have registered in the Affinity system, please send a facebook message or e-mail with your name and email address and the register will then send you the code that you will need to complete the ending steps.
3. Visit https://ohio-north-youth-soccer-association.sportngin.com/… and follow the steps on that page. They are copied below as well. Be sure to use the same e-mail as in affinity so we can match up your progress in both systems.
NOTE: If the Concussion Training listed there is not working, you can complete the NFHS training https://nfhslearn.com/courses/61151/concussion-in-sports
4. Complete Heads Up Concussion Online Training: Required if you are a coach, team manager, trainer or any other individual who will be rostered to a team with a member pass. You will be required to complete the Heads Up Concussion Training every two years.
5. Set Up/Log Into Background Screening/Player Safety Compliance Account in SportsEngine: You will be asked information which will be used to conduct a background screening by the National Center for Safety Initiatives, LLC (NCSI), dba Southeastern Security Consultants Inc (SSCI). Please read through each page carefully to ensure that all information is provided accurately. Click “Continue” below to proceed.
6. Watch Lindsay’s Law Video/Review SCA Informational Handout: Required if you are a coach, team manager, training or any other individual who will be rostered to a team with a member pass. You will be required to acknowledge in your SportsEngine account annually. Video | Handout
7. Complete Background Screening: Required for all adults as previously defined every two years.
8. Complete SafeSport Online Training: Required for all adults as previously defined. This training will be integrated and completed through your SportsEngine account and will be required annually. Once an adult has completed the initial training, the refresher course will only be required in subsequent years.